Yesterday we enjoyed the Monet exhibition at the art gallery with our friends. On Tuesday we have French class and we had an excursion to see the works of the French artist Monet. He was criticized, for his technique, when he was younger. He rose above this to create the beautiful impressionist paintings that we admired. We were fascinated by his amazing use of colour, texture and tone. We purchased a print of the painting below and a water lillies print.
Later our friends climbed a beautiful Morton Bay Fig and they took this lovely photo. Unfortunately Jefferson slipped from the branch but he hung on tightly until he was rescued. He only had a few scratches. It was terrific to see everyone enjoying the beauty of God's creation and experiencing it up close. We had a wonderful time.
4 comments:
Monet is fabulous. Have you hung your prints yet?
I love that print! And Jefferson was very brave. Btw, that quote re dancing on my blog was great.
Meri I have to find the right frames but I can't wait to see them up.
Leonie I thought you would like it. Glad you did.
Let me know when you get a print up - I wanna come and see!
Post a Comment