Monday, September 8, 2008

Photography assignment

Olivia and I are enjoying photography together at the performance school we attend. One of the assignments we have been given is to take 100 photographs of one object. This is challenging, to make interesting, but I have found it stimulates creative thinking and I have enjoyed it immensely. I have included some of the photos. The photos of the creek and small waterfall were taken at our property yesterday. The children also took a butterfly net and caught tadpoles. Some tadpoles were small and light in colour while one Erin caught was "the mother of all tadpoles" with a very dark colouring and a pattern of spots. We are going to try and find out which type of frogs these tadpoles will be after metamorphosis. Jefferson enjoyed being a leader and adventurer as he went off the beaten track to discover new ways down to the creek and along the creek for us to follow. The weather was beautiful, we had fun and Erin said "We're learning aren't we." We certainly were and creating memories that build our family closer. Life is beautiful.
















3 comments:

Leonie said...

Oh, I love the pics - and what a cool homeschooling day you all had!

Anonymous said...

Love the photos, especially the second-last one - is that Lambrusco? :-)

Chris said...

Sorry Cath. It was actually Raspberry cordial (as in Anne of Green Gables, it wasn't even currant wine). Saving the Lambrusco for our next sing star night.